PWS is the nation's premier distributor, developer, and broker to the commercial laundry industry, with a proven track record of 45 years. We are a "one-stop shop" offering an extensive range of products and services under one roof to meet the needs of our customers.
In 1968, three highly successful coin laundry entrepreneurs established PWS – The Laundry Company (PWS Inc.)
- Morton Pollack - The pioneer of coin laundry resale
- John Wickham - The exclusive distributor of Speed Queen® commercial laundry equipment in Southern California and Southern Nevada
- Bernie Steinberg - the originator of Launderland "turn-key" coin laundries
In 1973, PWS acquired the northern California and Nevada Speed Queen distributor to form the largest distributorship in the nation.
PWS is currently run by 2nd and 3rd generation Co-Presidents, Brad Pollack and Brad Steinberg. Under their leadership, PWS has continued to become a dominant force in the commercial laundry industry and is the only company of its kind to offer a complete set of end-to-end services, including
- Commercial laundry equipment sales, installation, and service
- Brokerage sales of existing coin laundries
- Development of new laundries
- Remodeling, design, and build-to-suit services
- Financing for both laundry and equipment purchases
- Parts Sales
PWS has a well-established business relationship with Alliance Laundry Systems LLC, the manufacturer of Speed Queen commercial laundry equipment. After 45 years, PWS continues to be one of the premier distributors of Speed Queen commercial equipment in the United States, and the only factory-authorized Speed Queen coin-laundry distributor in California and Nevada.
PWS, Inc. is a subsidiary of PWS Investments, Inc. and is incorporated in the State of California. PWS' corporate headquarters is located in Los Angeles, with satellite offices in Northern California and San Diego.
Since the Company's incorporation, PWS has consistently acquired existing laundry chains with the sole purpose of selling each store separately to individual owner-operators. In recent years, the two most notable acquisitions were those of Lucy's LaundryMart and SpinCycle.
In 2001, PWS acquired Lucy's LaundryMart, which included the purchase of 28 "mega-laundries" throughout the Southern California area.
In October 2003, PWS become the managing member of Lucky Spin, a company that acquired SpinCycle, a national chain of 172 stores in 15 states and the District of Columbia. Both chains were acquired with the intention to sell each store to individual owner-operators.
- PWS is the largest distributor of commercial laundry equipment in the United States
- PWS is the largest developer of new Laundromats in the United States
- PWS is the largest broker of existing Laundromats in the United States
- PWS is the largest distributor of commercial laundry parts in the United States
Laundry Equipment Sales
PWS distributes Speed Queen® commercial laundry washers and dryers, ranging from single-load to 175lb capacity. We also sell to all commercial laundry applications, including Laundromat, multi-housing laundry equipment and on-premise laundries We offer equipment sales, financing, leasing and revenue sharing options.
PWS is the most experienced coin laundry developer and broker in the industry. We've developed more than 2,500 new Laundromats and helped broker over 2,000 existing Laundromat transactions. Our licensed real estate professionals can assist you with buying or selling a new or existing Laundromat.
Remodeling, Design & Laundromat Construction Services
PWS has extensive knowledge when it comes to building the perfect new laundry, having developed over 2,500 stores since the Company's inception in 1968.
Laundry Parts & Supply Sales
PWS is the largest distributor of commercial laundry replacement parts in the country. We have a dedicated call center to handle off all your parts needs. We have over $1.5mm in parts inventory and offer same day shipping on most items